Friday, March 19, 2010

busy busy busy...

I am still here but seems like I have been so busy the past few weeks. I was planning a Spring Break trip for the girls and we just got back! Houston, Austin and the Hill Country, great road trip, we all had so much fun.

I've been busy with Little Miss - she's taking steps now! We're getting about 3-4 before she decides she needs to crawl! She also got one tooth finally! It's a bottom tooth and the one next to it looks like it may come next - she's surely taking her time with those teeth.

Miss Priss is prissier than ever! She is loving school, loving the beautiful spring weather we've been getting. She wants to play outside all the time, either on her tree swing or drawing pictures on the sidewalk, or blowing bubbles. We are all super glad to be out of the house and enjoying the sunlight!

The Pre-Teen is crazy busy! She finished up volleyball and basketball, now she's on to track. She is also in Select and Swing Choir, youth group for church that are ramping up preparations for a summer mission trip that she is very excited about. Friends, homework, projects, performances, track meets, meetings, chores...whew! I'm tired just writing it out, and more tired that i'm the taxi that shuttles her around to all this stuff.

J is fantastic! He's back in the saddle, he got the itch to start some projects at home so he's been working on the kids bathrooms. New tile on the floors, new updated faucets and lighting - everything is looking great! Next up - yardwork! As soon as it finishes freezing this week, I think we'll be all set to start cleaning, digging, planting and getting our yards ready for spring! I can't wait.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get some things done around here. Still need to work on decorating the master bedroom, ugh, will I ever be done??

Little Miss turns 1 this week!!!! I'll post an update on the festivities later.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Lyla is already 1. That is crazy. You guys have been busy. So glad you had a fun spring break. I bet you are glad to be back home though. And sweet Ashlynn sounds like she is loving her life and is so involved. Good for her! It won't be long until she throws a boyfriend into the mix! :) Where is she going on her mission trip? How fun for her. So glad to hear Jason is back to normal and back to his handiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, don't even say boyfriend, that stresses me out because I know that time is coming! She is going to MSY for her mission trip, she is sooo excited about it and really enjoying getting involved in church and the youth group.

    Can you email me your new address? LOVE the pics of the new house, it looks great! Is Robert doing your painting? I'm guessing no because it got done waaay too fast to be Robert - HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually getting ready to send out change of address cards. I just addressed yours tonight.

    No, Robert didn't do our painting. Our realtor had a handyman that she recommended and he has been AWESOME and SO CHEAP! HE contracts out the paint and carpet etc but he does alot of the handy stuff himself. Put in new light fixtures and fans for us etc. His crew painted almost our entire house in less than a week and did a great job. Even textured where there was wallpaper. If you ever want his name and number I highly recommend him.

    You'll have to come out and see the house soon. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete