Thursday, November 19, 2009

what i'm obsessed with ... today....

I recently viewed a wedding video clip by this super talented woman, Vanessa McKellar, and clicked around some of her other videos, and found this gorgeous family video . I've watched it at least 10 times and am obsessed with it, it literally gave me goosebumps and made me teary.

This family is doing it annually to chronicle the lives of their children and I just thought to myself, what a wonderful memento to be able to look back at your kids after they've grown up and moved away, or as a grown child to see your family and your parents so young and happy. I almost get teary writing about it. Pictures are great, I love pictures, but this is so much more, and i've never really been a video type of parent, which now makes me sad because I know we've missed a lot of great things.

Anyway, the video session is a bit out of our budget, but i'm going to try my hardest to save my nickels and dimes here and there to hopefully be able to do one of these one day.

1 comment:

  1. Liz thank you so much for appreciating our work! I can tell you really "get" video and what a powerful medium it can be. I feel so honored to be able to create these keepsakes for folks!

    ReplyDelete