Friday, November 13, 2009

bad TV juju ...

So J has been oogling new TV sets every time we are in an electronics department - I guess that's a normal man thing. He also gets so upset every time he sees how crazy cheap the tv we own is now compared to when we bought it (right after we got married). So Thursday morning, Miss Priss is watching Dora the Explorer and J mentions that the sound track seems a little off..

me: "no, the TV is broken, we probably need a new one" (totally joking)
J: "TV is fine, I think this channel's sound is off:
me: "I'm just kidding I thought I'd trick you into thinking we should get another TV" funny funny ha ha, right?

Then I grab my keys and drive the Almost Teenager down the road to school, back in the house in less than 5 minutes. When I walk in Miss Priss says 'mommy, the TV is broken..' Yup, between the time I walked out the door and came back, the stinking DLP bulb in our TV burned out (or something) and the TV was not functioning. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Did I give the TV bad juju?

So, Thursday was a quiet day in our house, and today has been too. J has taken the TV to some place where hopefully (and probably in exchange for lots of our monies) they will fix the stupid thing. This is the 3rd time (in less than 6 yrs) that something $$$$ has happened to this dumb TV. Just sayin', back in the olden times, our parents had TV's for 25 years before something broke or went out on them! I want a TV that lasts THAT long, for as much as we're friggin' paying for it!

Okay, that's my gripe for this day. If it comes back still broken, I may have more gripin' to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment