Thursday, December 17, 2009

a week away?!?!

Wow, it seems like December is just flying by. I'm having my family over on Christmas Eve and I just looked at the calendar and realized it's a week away! Luckily, we planned to have Breakfast for Dinner (new idea this year - and EASY) and we're doing allll the good stuff, breakfast casseroles, bacon, french toast, etc .... YUM!

I'm NOT a turkey and dressing type of girl so we like to switch up the Christmas Eve menu pretty often since it's so close to Thanksgiving and most of us have had our fill of turkey.

We're also going to be wearing our Christmas pajamas at our Christmas Eve party. Pj's and pancakes - perfect!

The Pre-teen did some gift wrapping for me tonight but once I pulled stuff out of my hiding spots, I realized that I do have a little bit more shopping that I need to do - ack! Hopefully I can get that done asap!

Tomorrow we're taking the girls to see Santa as soon as the Pre-teen is out of school (early release) so I hope that we won't get stuck in any long lines! If all goes well and J is feeling up to it, we might drive around town to let the kids see some Christmas lights - Miss Priss just loves the lights!

Things around here are getting back to normal, J has a little more energy each day and is enjoying this extra time he's getting to be around the girls. We sure do love having him home with us! He thinks he might try to go back to work the week after Christmas, I pray that he'll feel strong(er) and healthy by then.

need.sleep.must.go.to.bed.goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment